Expires : Nov 30, 2022
Posted : Jul 7, 2021
Job Types : Full-Time
Job Category : Company Driver
As per Canada labour code for highway drivers, overtime rate of 1.5 times the regular is applicable after 60 hours per week. As per company policy extended medical and dental benefits are offered.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Physically demanding and handling heavy loads.
Transportation/Travel Information: Willing to travel cross-border, willing to travel for extended periods, willing to travel overnight, valid driver's licence
Essential Skills: Document use, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking.
• Minimum High School education is required.
• Class 1 or A Driver’s License and air brake endorsement are required.
• 1-2 year experience is desirable. However, No experience is necessary. On the job training will be provided to willing candidates.
• Proficiency to communicate in basic English.
• Willing to travel across border, for extended periods, overnight and drive as a team.
• Ability to communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular phone.
• Clean driving record.
About us: Pannu Bros. Trucking Ltd. was established in 1976 in Abbotsford, B.C. The company has been providing quality service in hauling General Freight all over Canada & USA and specializes in refrigerated services.
We are urgently looking for 20 Long Haul Truck Drivers to join ASAP on permanent, full-time basis.
Long Haul Truck Driver
Pannu Bros Trucking
Salary: $27.00-$30.00/Hourly (depending on experience) for 40-60 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Start Date: As soon as possible
Positions Available: 20
Minimum Education: High School
Credentials (certificates, licences): Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or A), Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
Experience: Experience an asset. On job training will be provided
NOC Group: Truck Drivers (7411)
NOC Job Title: Long Haul Truck Driver
Job Location: All Over Canada & US with business address 30260 Fraser Hwy, Abbotsford, BC V4X 1G2
Type of Trucking and Equipment: Tractor-trailer, Extended length tractor-trailer combination.
Type of Travel: Long haul, Provincial/territorial, International
Documentation Knowledge: Driver logbook, Bill of lading, Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip), Trans-border documentation, Maintenance and repair reports, Trip reports
Weight Handling: More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
Security and Safety
Basic security clearance, Criminal Record check, Drug Test, Medical Exam and abstract driving record check, valid passport.
• Operate and drive company vehicles to transport goods and materials from Abbotsford/Surrey, BC to across North America.
• Oversee different aspects of vehicles such as functioning of reefer, loading/unloading of materials.
• Operate and drive semi trucks with dry and reefer vans.
• Obtain documentation to transport across US/Canada borders.
• Plan trip logistics and prepare documentation for transportation of goods and record trip details; cargo info; distance travelled; gas consumption.
• Communicate effectively with the dispatcher and others, using electronic devices to receive and send information.
• Submit paperwork (bill of lading) effectively and maintain log books manually and electronically.
• Make sure about properly secured cargo according to safety regulations.
• Inspect overall long-haul truck’s lights, tires, turning signals, breaks, cold storage, before starting trips, on the way to the trip and after trip finished and if needed perform emergency roadside repairs.
We use modern equipment to provide the customers with top quality service. Our office staffs are experienced to cater to your needs and know the business inside and out as they themselves have been behind the wheel. Do not miss the opportunity to become a part of this amazing workplace.
How to Apply
We strongly encourage Students, Youth, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, seniors to apply. Willing candidates are requested to apply immediately by
Fax: (604) 857-9671
Mail: Attn Roop Pannu 30260 Fraser Hwy, Abbotsford, BC V4X 1G2
Contact Person: Pannu Bros Trucking Ltd.
Expires: Aug 31, 2022
Posted: Aug 26, 2021
Expires: Aug 31, 2022
Posted: Jul 17, 2021
Expires: Jul 31, 2022
Posted: May 12, 2021
Expires: Jul 31, 2022
Posted: Mar 8, 2021
Expires: Dec 7, 2022
Posted: Jan 7, 2022